Adult Acne: Remedies To Remove Acne And Acne Scars
- 1 Click here for a professional acne removal Guide
- 2 Click here for a professional acne removal Guide
- 3 Click here for a professional acne removal Guide
Adult Acne: Remedies to remove Acne and Acne Scars
Acne, i.e. acne vulgaris also commonly known as pimples or bumps is classified as one of the long-term skin condition as a result of clogged hair follicles with dead cells and oil from the skin. It is further characterized marked areas of whiteheads, blackheads, oily skin, whiteheads, pimples, in addition to acne scars. In most individuals it brings up bad effect, diminishing the overall beauty and self-esteem. However, for most of the cases, genetics are to be blamed yet cleanliness and sunlight can also be one of the reasons though remains unclear. The primary site of infection for acne remains skin areas with a dominant number of oil glands that includes the face, upper portion of the chest and the back. Alongside the glands, puberty also brings in rise of acne that is clearly proportional to increases in level of androgens such as testosterone. The bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes, found normally on the skin are often part of this skin condition with its excessive presence.
Causes of Acne:
- Adults are prone to acne with the hormonal change within their systems and termed as “adult-onset acne.” It is also commonly associated with menopause in case of females, thus the tendency of adult acne is greater in women that in case of men. Here, below are some of the reasons, leading to acne:
- Fluctuation in level of hormone: In case of women could be around menstruation, while taking birth control pills and during pregnancy.
- Stress:This is directly related to acne flaring up as body releases more androgen in response to stress, that in turn leads to stimulation of the oil glands and follicles in the skin resulting in adult acne.
- Family history:People having sibling and parents with acne are more prone to exposure, genetics are to be blamed as one of the root causes.
- Skin care products: While using a skin care and even hair care product, look out for labels and try utilizing the one’s that clearly states: Non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic and oil-free
- Medicinal side effect: Concern your physician or a pharmacist for better guidance.
- Unnecessary manipulation of the acne lesion
Acne, scientifically termed as Acne vulgaris is categorized as one of the skin diseases that owes to the blockade or inflammation of the hair follicles and the oily glands i.e. pilosebaceous units and the sebaceous glands.
It is characterized both inflammatory and non-inflammatory lesions or at times, in addition to open or closed comedones, pustules, papules, and nodules, mainly affecting face, chest and back of an individual having a dense positioning of the oil glands.
Some of the symptoms locally associated with acne vulgaris are: Pain, redness, tenderness and erythema.
While systemic symptoms count for: acne fulminans, commonly known as fever, multiple comedones and may be worsened with psychological effects over the patient.
How to get rid of Acne:
Exclude stress from life: Stress being the cause of acne, worsen sit, the researchers suggest that a daily thirty minute workout and eight hour sleep will better help skin to re-generate, lessening the excess cortisol level and releasing more endorphin having a soothing effect.
The selection of the right product shall be made as use of anti-acne face wash may entirely dry out the skin. One should try salicylic acid face wash, utilizing twice daily and deep pore cleanser may also work effectively.
Visit a dermatologist:
Having red and painful bumps, not going away easily may leave permanent marks. Visiting a dermatologist who may suggest Retin A, anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory gel or one that suits the need of your skin is best supportive therapy.
Controlled Intake of starch:
Foods with a high glycemic index not only leads to a condition known as obesity, but high sugar and insulin levels can be one of the cause acne breakout as boost up the ale hormone secretion. The use of chocolate i.e. six ounces of pure coca can result in similar effects on a woman.
Take the pimples on your face as small hills that require application of one or two thin layers to make the spot look smaller and shrink visually. Using an oil free concealer and patting with sponge and using a brush to blend well may help.
Causes of Acne Scars:
Acne scars result from skin inflammation within the dermal layer as a consequence of acne and affects about 90 percent of people having acne vulgaris. The scar is a result of an abnormal healing process, taking after dermal inflammation. The scarring is categorized on the basis of abnormal healing process owing to excessive inflammation and may be a result of excess deposition of collagen or collagen loss at the site of inflammation.
The acne scars are classified as either atrophic acne scars or hypertrophic acne scars. The former are more prevalent resulting from collagen lost from the healing response. They may be further categorized as boxcar scar, ice-pick scars, and rolling scars.
The hypertrophic scars are comparatively less common and accompanied with the characteristic high level of collagen owing to the abnormal healing process. They remain around the genuine skin margins and known as raised and firm skin forms.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars:
- Acne scars are not easy to get rid of and may require different treatments for different individual. Various methods shall be tried and even combination may be used for best results.
- Home remedy: The scars that lead to change in skin color can be countered by use of over the counter skin bleach and application of sunscreen to lessen the contrast.
- Soft tissue fillers: Use of collagen or fat injection under the scarred region can fill out the space or stretch the skin to make scars less apparent. Results may be transient requiring booster dose to maintain the effect.
- Resurfacing with laser: A skin process utilizing laser to diminish the scar on your skin.
- Energy dependent processes: The utility of radiofrequency and pulsed light lessens down the visibility of scars, however, the process may require repetition.
- Dermabrasion: A process applied to severe form of scarring that causes removal of the top layer of the skin, diminishing the surface scars and making the lower ones barely apparent.
- Chemical peels: This process involves the application of concentrated acid for the removal of top layered scars with minimal visibility of lower scores.
- Rolling or needling: It takes in a needle supporting device used over the skin to stimulate the underlying tissue. A safe method to encounter scars yet requires repetition.
- A minor skin excision followed by skin graft or stitches helps to get improved look.
- Botox injections: Use of Botox i.e. botulinum toxin improvises one’s look, giving it a younger look.