Black men and razor bumps
Black men and razor bumps – Causes and treatments
Today we will talk on Black men and razor bumps.
Razor bumps are scientifically known as Pseudo folliculitis Barbie. It is a common disorder of the skin which usually occurs in black men. They have naturally curly hair, which when shaved using a razor, grows back causing inflammation to the skin.
It is a common skin condition experienced by around 60 percent of black men. They often occurred on the beard area after shaving using a razor and also an electric shaver.
Causes and Reasons – Black Men and Razor Bumps:
Razor bumps are caused by the followings:
1-В В В В В Ingrown Hairs:
- Pressing the razor into your skin, lead to ingrown hairs.
- Pulling or stretching skin taut while shaving can cause the hair to grow up out of the follicle more than normal.
- Ingrown hair occurs when hair is cut at or below the skin level.
2-В В В В В Curly Hair:
- After shave, the hair begins to grow but curve around. It grows into skin or through the hair follicle wall.
- The skin reacts to fight against the ingrown hair which causes irritation and results razor bumps.
3-В В В В В Close Shaving:
- The closer a black man cut the hair, the more likely the skin gets razor bumps.
4-В В В В В Improper Shaving Preparation:
- Dry shaving can increase chances of a black man to get razor bumps.
- While shaving repeated strokes on single area can cause razor bumps.
Symptoms – Black men and Razor Bumps:
- Pimple-like bump in the region of the ingrown hair.
- Red or flesh-colored bumps on skin.
- Might contain pus.
- The area around bump is painful and itchy.
- Peeling on the affected areas.
Treatments and Prevention – Black men and razor bumps:
1. Razor is the main culprit. Try to eliminate the use of it.
2. The razor’s close cut opens pores in the facial skin, which creates entry of the curly hairs and thus causes inflammation and bumps.
3. Treatment and prevention from razor bumps include following options:
- Black men should use special creams to remove hair without using a razor. Select one which is designed to chemically remove the facial hair.
- Apply Wet and warm compress to the razor bumps for at least minutes. Apply it 3 times per day. It will help to heal by softening the facial hair and skin.
4. В Use a single blade razor.
5. Always apply shaving gel as lubricant. It will minimize the risk of occurring razor bumps.
6.В Shave along the direction of growth of the hair that is from top to bottom.
7. On cheeks angle the razor starting from the center to the jaw of face in a downward motion.
8. Use a clean razor each time you shave.
9.В Reduce the friction from clothing. It might make the facial and neck areas sensitive.
10. Remove the ingrown end of hair with the help of a sterilized needle. But if the hair isn’t visible over the surface of skin don’t use this option. Digging an embedded hair can cause an infection.
11. Consult your dermatologist for Prescription treatments such as antibiotics, retinoid, corticosteroids etc.
12. The medications will help:
- Reduce inflammation.
- Control infection.
- Slough off dead skin to.
- Promote healing.
- Minimize future risk of razor bumps.
Warning and instructions – black men and razor bumps:
- Avoid scratching of razor bumps scarring is usually the result of it.
- Also the bacteria can be introduced and can cause an infection and scarring.
- Apply an anti-itch cream on the razor bumps to reduce the itching
- Use an antibiotic ointment to minimize the risk of infection.
- Cut the number of shaves down. Do it 3-4 times a week.
- Always use a sharp razor blade.
- Avoid use of dull blades as they increases the chances of irritation.
- Splash on face some warm water before application of shaving cream.
- Always shave in the direction of your hair growth.
- Shave without pulling your skin tight.
- Shave slowly to avoid cuts and irritating the existing bumps.
- Moisturize after the shave.
- Splash some cold water on face after the shave. It will close the open pores.
Hope our guide вЂњBlack men and Razor BumpsвЂќ worth fruitful to you and you got what you were searching for. And if not, tell us how can we make this guide вЂњblack men and razor bumpsвЂќ more useful.
Your suggestions is the key to quality information.